The Load Cell Shop / Richmond Industries Ltd
Our Privacy and Cookie Policies
We take your data privacy and security seriously. We have researched and assessed the requirements of GDPR using the guidance provided by the UK ICO (Information Commissioners Office). We are taking measures to update our working practices to be compliant where necessary.
1. Who we are
In this policy, “we”, “us” and “our” refers to Richmond Industries Ltd.
- Our Company Number is 2813623.
- Our registered address is Unit B9, Acre Business Park, Acre Road, Reading, Berkshire, RG2 0SA.
- Loadcellshop.co.uk is the online trading name of Richmond Industries Ltd.
- The Load Cell ShopTM is trademarked to Richmond Industries Ltd.
We are the Data Controller, which means we are responsible for determining how we process your personal data.
- The type of personal data we collect from you
- How we collect your information and what we use it for
- Other parties we may share your personal information with
- How we keep your personal data secure
- Your rights over your personal data under GDPR
3. Types of personal information we collect
Through our website, we collect personal information for the purposes of:
- Providing the services you want us to provide.
- Creating your account (“User Registration”)
- Administering your account once created
- Fulfilling your online orders
This information will usually include:
- Your first and last name
- Your contact details such as your email address and telephone number(s)
- Your billing and delivery addresses
We may process this information for the purposes of contacting you regarding your account or order, updating your account with us, for any work you may ask us to do, for any ongoing services you ask us to provide (such as load cell system design), and for backing up our business databases.
We will also use this data to enable you to access and manage your account with us online, and for the security of our website and your account.
We may also process information you give us relating to various transactions, including goods and services you buy from us. (This is known as “transaction data“). This may include your contact details, and details of your purchase. We will use this data for the purpose of supplying the goods and services you require, and keeping proper records of those transactions.
The legal basis for this is the creation, maintenance and delivery of a contract between you and us, and for the effective ongoing administration of that contract.
4. How we collect your data
5. How we’ll use your data
Your personal data may be processed to:
- Contact you via phone or email
- Confirming your contact, billing and delivery details
- Providing you with the goods and services you request
- Administrating your account with Richmond Industries
- Administering and delivering contracted work
The legal basis for this processing is legitimate business use.
6. Sharing of personal information
We never share, sell or otherwise disclose personal information collected via this website with any third parties for marketing purposes.
7. Third party websites for customer payments
All financial transactions conducted through our website are handled by our payment services providers. We will share the required transaction data with our payment services providers to enable them to process your payments, and deal with any payment queries or refunds.
Our payment service providers act as Data Processors for Richmond Industries Ltd. We do not have access to nor store personal data collected by these providers in order for them to fulfil your orders, update your account, etc.
Our payment services providers are WorldPay and Paypal. Read their GDPR Privacy Policies here:
8. Financial accounts with Richmond Industries
We may process your personal information for the creation of a company account with Richmond Industries, and for subsequent direct invoicing of offline orders and contracted work. The legal basis of this is legitimate business uses, namely the proper administration of our business.
9. International transfers of your personal data
Many customers of Richmond Industries Ltd are not based here in the UK. Regardless of your global location, your data will be stored and processed here in the UK, and as such falls under the strict requirements of GDPR.
10. Storage of your personal data
We only retain your personal data for as long as we require, to provide you with your chosen services, maintain a working business relationship, or manage your account. We will take measures and care to secure your personal data and to prevent its loss, misuse or alteration.
11. Your rights under GDPR
Under GDPR, you have rights relating to your personal data collected by us. You can ask us to:
- Show you what personal information we hold
- Update or correct any details
- Delete your information
You can also:
- Object to or restrict how we process your data
- Transfer your information (known as “data portability”)
12. Third party website links
Our Load Cell Shop website and blogs may include links to various external websites. Richmond Industries Ltd takes no responsibility for the privacy policies and practices of these external websites.
13. Website hosting
Our website is hosted with one of the largest and most respected hosting companies in the world, SiteGround. For more information on Siteground and GDPR, see: https://www.siteground.com/blog/gdpr-siteground-getting-ready/
14. Contact us
1. What this policy covers
2. All about cookies
Cookies are harmless little text files that are checked when you visit a website. Cookies help to improve your experience of using a website, and to enable those websites to access your preferences in using the website. Most cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser, but others may be stored on your computer for a certain period of time until they expire
4. Giving consent for cookies
5. Deleting cookies
Many web browsers automatically turn on acceptance of cookies. If this is the case with your browser, and you want to opt out of cookie usage, you will need to change your browser settings.
- This website offers browser-specific instructions for turning off automatic cookie acceptance:
- This site also has instructions on how to clear/delete cookies from your computer or mobile device:
- If you wish to opt out from your data being collected by Google Analytics altogether, you need to install the add-on for your specific browser from the Google Analytics opt-out page. https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
6. Contact us