Here at the Load Cell Shop, we’re busy fulfilling orders before our Christmas break. So, we thought we’d do a “12 load cells of Christmas” quiz to test your knowledge, and gently remind you of the wide range of load cells we have in stock. Here we go…
1. Designed for a range of applications including fatigue testing and lab testing, our 100 Series of load cell are:
a. Low profile
b. No profile
c. Lever arch file
2. Which of these testing uses does NOT require a S beam load cell?
a. Tension/Compression testing
b. Bi-directional testing
c, Mince pie testing
3. Our 200 Series of this type of load cell are used in research and industry for measuring tensile and compressive forces. What are they?
a. Online load cells
b. Inline load cells
c. Well out of line cells
4. Of the nine reindeer that take the strain to pull Santa’s sleigh each year, how many of their names start with the letter D?
5. Our 340 series load cells are specifically designed for compression applications. Are they:
a. High Capacity
b. Hi Ho Silver Lining
c. High Sierra
6. Which of these standards can Richmond Industries calibrate (and re-calibrate) your load cells to?
a. UKAS procedures
b. ASTM E74
c. ISO 376
7. Perfect for measuring compressive force in confined spaces, our 400 Series load cell are known as:
a. Minuscule load cells
b. Minute load cells
c. Miniature load cells
8. Can you buy high quality load links with integral displays at the Load Cell Shop online?
c. What’s a load link?
9. The 500 Series of shear beam load cells are ideal for a wide range of weighing applications. In what circumstances would you use a shear beam dummy load cell?
a. In economy systems when not all loading points are active load cells
b. In an ventriloquist’s doll
c. As a training aid for a gundog
10. According to the last Load Cell blog (you’ll find it under the News menu), which is the lightest of these three airliners when empty?
a. Airbus A330
b. Boeing 747
c. Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner
11. Our 700 Series of folded shear beam load cells are manufactured from alloy and what other high quality material?
b. Stainless steel
12. Are you dreaming of a white Christmas, just like the ones we used to know?
c. Fat chance of that around here!
- c – Dasher, Dancer and Donner
- trick question – all 3!
- a (of course)
- Whatever the weather over the next 10 days, we wish you an enjoyable, restful and fun-filled Christmas and a prosperous New Year.